Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Elsewhere E.A found Poem




The end came quickly

There wasn’t any pain

You’re Curtis Jest

The stitches don’t hurt at all

Dreaming feels like dreaming, and this doesn’t feel like dreaming.

Enhance Liz’s spiritual life.

I am dead. Dead.

And the truth is, some days I did want to die, maybe a little. But not most days.

Everyone here ages backwards.

Stitches over her ear.

I don’t want to live here.

You could drive yourself crazy with ifs.

That dying is just another part of living

Why can’t I stop saying um?

     A place where many old fads go to die

My life is over







1 comment:

  1. I got goose bumps reading this Found Poem! You all really did a nice job capturing the foundation of the novel - Liz's questioning/her experience in elsewhere/dealing with issues of life and death. Love this! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete